Chicken Biscuit Stew. Recipe for a hearty supper. Made with chicken broth, cooked chicken, peas and carrots. Then topped with refrigerated buttermilk biscuits.
Chicken Biscuit Stew
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 can 10 1/2 oz. condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup cooked peas
- 1 cup cooked whole baby carrots
- 1 tube 10 oz. refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, about 2 minutes. Add the chicken, peas and carrots; heat through.
Separate biscuits and arrange over the stew.
Bake at 375° until the biscuits are golden brown, 20-25 minutes
Check out more of our Main Meal Recipes